Wednesday, May 28, 2008

a little taste of our town....

i thought i would share a house that is featured in our town's magazine, charleston home...it's an 1895 cottage located on sullivan's island. the quirky couple refurbished the entire cottage and painted it entirely white. it makes me realize why i like white so much...and it allows you to show off color soooooooo well. i adore the texaco sign in the kitchen. its just a great house and thought you might enjoy seeing it. the couple is really interesting and owned a great kitchen store on King St. before trading in their downtown address to move permanently to the beach! all the pics and the article is found here.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I love the red window panes - and that old wooden bench/table number on the pic above. Very charming!

Jessie said...

Wow I love the gorgeous tub with the watermelon print hanging on the siding above it... the whole house is so cool and light!

Thanks for sharing!

AshleyL. said...

oh my goodness! i just looked at the photo gallery! that is a beautiful home! i especially love the white decor (the living room was my favorite). my favorite piece of furniture (if this even counts as furniture) was the footed bathtub. thank you for sharing! :)

pve design said...

beachy clean. love it.
did you see that house of faith at charleston mag.. I love that one for soul. I mean, a house had gotta have faith to make it a home!

Mrs. Blandings said...

My sister-in-law lives in Charleston and gives Charleston Home to my father-in-law for Christmas. Every time I'm over there I sneak to flip through their copy. It's a beautiful magazine.